|Armament||Sniper rifle with toxin bullets|
|Produced by||Yuri barracks|
|Ground attack||125 (Virus)|
Instantly kills infantry|
Infantry killed by virus gun explode into a viral cloud
Immune to toxin cloud
|Elite upgrade||Increased strength, firepower, rate of fire, self-healing|
Does not reveal position when attacking|
Poison cloud causes friendly casualties
Armed with a virus-laden sniper rifle, these indoctrinated women can take out any standard infantry unit with one shot. When killed by the virus, the victim instantly expands, decomposes and violently explodes, releasing a cloud of fast acting bio-toxin that damages everything in its wake, including light vehicles passing through the cloud. Any infantry killed by the cloud will undergo an identical process and release another cloud.
These snipers have a slow rate of fire and their dart guns are useless against vehicles and buildings. The toxin cloud is harmful to firiendly units as well, although interestingly enough, the Virus is immune. Furthermore, the Virus is easily countered by any sort of vehicle or base defense, as well as British snipers, who have superior range. Given a large group of enemy units with a good concentration of infantry, a good choke point, a good vantage point, and some patience, a single Virus could easily lay waste to a large number of units in said group.
- Viral agent ready.
- Free inoculations!
- Here comes the plague!
- I am so very contagious.
- Flu shots, anyone?
- Epidemic on the move.
- Which way is the wind blowing?
- Nasty bug going around.
- Virus spreading!
- Just get me in range!
When ordered to attack
- Time to infect!
- No cure for this!
- How about a nice shot in the arm?
- This may sting a little.
- Taste my venom!
- Mmm, better go to the clinic!
- I cannot hold them off!
- I need an antidote!
- I'm in too close!
- I feel sick!
- I'm hit!
Concept art by Phil Robb
In order: English/French/German, Korean, Chinese. Top row is standard, bottom row is veteran.
- Early concept art of Virus shows a male chemical/poison spray trooper type unit instead of a poison sniper unit. This unused concept is labelled as chemical spray infantry in the rulesmd.ini file that lacks a cameo and uses a different weapon.
- The bio-toxic clouds released by the killed infantry are similar in appearence and effects to the Tiberium clouds released by the Veinhole Monster, the Tiberium Floater and Nod's Chemical Missile, all featured in Tiberian Sun.