|“|| As the Brotherhood splintered in the aftermath of my... "death", our technology was left to rot, years of research left by the wayside. My spies have located an abandoned GDI Laboratory were our stealth technology, captured long ago, sits idle. Neither exploited nor understood by those narrow-minded fools. Reclaim it for the Brotherhood.|
In the aftermath of the Second Tiberium War, Kane was reportedly killed by the Global Defense Initiative forces and this led to a splinter of the Brotherhood in a similar vein that it did after the First Tiberium War. A further crippling blow was the destruction of the Brotherhood Archives which contained centuries worth of research conducted by Kane and damaged the scientific base of the Brotherhood. Whilst Kane recovered in the shadows, his spies managed to discover a previously unknown cache of databanks that contained a duplicate of Nod's stealth technology which had been captured long ago by GDI forces. The data was being held by GDI in the northern part of Australia where after an inability to reverse engineer it, the technology was left abandoned at the covert research facility.
|“|| Attention! Attention, you fanatical scum! Yeah, you didn't think you'd go undetected, did you? This is GDI/Steel Talons territory. We don't take too kindly to you Nod types around here. You'd best get praying to that corpse Prophet of yours because you don't stand a chance in hell.|
- Joshua Mitchell to Nod forces.
In order to help re-establish the Brotherhood once more, Kane dispatched his advanced AI known as LEGION to reclaim the Brotherhood technology located on the Australian coast. LEGION's forces landed and established a forward base, remaining relatively unnoticed until the Steel Talons, who were in charge of the region, detected them and launched an assault. The Steel Talons were quickly shown the truth of their own arrogance and were pushed back, contrary to a previous transmission sent to LEGION by Joshua Mitchell, commander of the Steel Talons. The Brotherhood managed to reclaim the cache of databanks and defended the lab until it was uploaded to the Brotherhood's main servers. Kane then quickly ordered LEGION to retreat, realizing that this stubborn and powerful base was only a portion of the Steel Talons' territory.
- There are 2 Tiberium spikes to the east of your base. However, be sure to protect them as Steel Talon Patrols will detect and destroy them.
- There are other Tiberium Spikes in the vicinity. Notably 1 just to the south of the Steel Talon Base, 2 surrounded by cliffs to the east of the Steel Talon Base (which you will need to airlift Saboteurs to) and 1 in the centre of the area.
|“|| We cannot withstand this "Steel Talons" onslaught for long. As arrogant their Commander may be, but even with his ageing weapons, he has us outgunned. Disengage my child, before all our hard-earned gains are lost. We shall return…|
- Kane, ordering LEGION to retreat.
Having recaptured the stealth technology, Kane was able to create the stealth tank. He then ordered LEGION to capture Marcion alive...
- There is a short time frame after completing the main objectives in which you can destroy the GDI Research Facility and still pass the mission. You, however, won't get the secondary objective in which the facility is less than 50% damaged.