|Next||Knock out that Refinery|
|Part of||First Tiberium War|
|Game||Command & Conquer|
|“||Use the units provided to protect the Mobile Construction Vehicle (MCV). You should then deploy the MCV by double clicking on it. Then you can begin to build up a base. Start with a Power Plant. Finally, search out and destroy all enemy Nod units in the surrounding area.
- Mission briefing
It also refers to the coordinates that the mission takes place in.
Following Nod's successes across central Europe, from the Balkans, through Poland, to the Baltic States, GDI was forced to adopt an aggressive policy. Terrorist attacks on the Austrian Grain Trade Center and in Slovenia forced their hand and newly commissioned officers of the UN agency, such as James Solomon, were ordered to press the attack. A vulnerability in Nod's frontier defenses was identified on the northern coast of Estonia and an amphibious attack force under Colonel J.C. Carter and Solomon was dispatched to attack from the Baltic Sea.
Although the landings were made under enemy fire, light infantry supported by vehicles and an MCV managed to gain the upper hand, establishing a beachhead and enabling GDI to bypass Nod's frontier defences. However, the initial thrust was blunted when J.C. Carter's troops ran into a harvesting operation and particularly determined defenders who counterattacked and heavily damaged the newly established GDI base.
- This is a simple introductory mission. The player is given command of several minigunners and quickly receives reinforcements in the form of two Humvees and an MCV, while a gunboat patrols the shore, firing on enemy turrets and infantry.
- The turrets are weak to minigunners, but strong against Humvees and can be taken out with ease. The occasional Nod minigunner is scarcely a challenge. Once the turrets are wiped out, Nod will counter-attack with a buggy and several soldiers, but they are easy prey.
There are no substantial differences between the retail and demo missions.
- Reporter: "Discovery and destruction of the Nod command center ends more than three years of continued escalating violence sparked by that organization's international terrorist activities." Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer. GDI ending.
- Stojsavljević, R. (2000, April 4). "Postmortem: Westwood Studios' Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun". Gamasutra. Archived from the original on May 11, 2012. Retrieved on March 16, 2020.
- Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer. GDI mission 1: "capture the beachead".