|This article is about the Yuri's Revenge unit. For other uses, see Yuri.|
|Produced by||Yuri barracks|
Immune to mind control
|Elite upgrade||Increased strength, firepower, rate of fire, self-healing|
|Psychic blast does not cause friendly fire|
|“|| Yuri's clones are not as powerful as the original. But their ability to control minds is a definite threat on the battlefield.
- Lieutenant Eva, Hollywood and Vain briefing
Borrowing from the ancient adage "if you want something done right, do it yourself", Yuri created many clones of himself to carry out his will across the globe. Although they were genetically identical to the original Yuri, Yuri clones were still not as powerful as the original, Yuri Prime.
Psychic experimentation was already underway during the Stalin's time, culminating in what was known as the Psychic Corps and its prominent member, Yuri. As the Psychic Corps was not fully utilized before the war ended, they were able to evade Allied attention in the aftermath and secretly continue to develop their psychic technology. One of their breakthroughs was the creation of Psi-Corps troopers.
After the timeline was altered, it was discovered that Psi-Corps troopers were clones of Yuri himself, either due to his hasty response that led to this faster means of creating these troopers, or due to design that became apparent quicker.
Each clone was capable of mind-controlling almost any enemy unit. Furthermore, in a desperate situation, a Yuri clone could send out a massive psychic blast, killing almost any infantry unit within its radius. However, unlike their Soviet predecessors, they could not harm friendly units. Yuri, unlike the Soviets, could mass produce this elite infantry without the fear of being mind-controlled by his own army.
|“||They will obey...
- Yuri Clone
Yuri clones are used to capture enemy units. These units can then be used to fight, but most of the time they are immediately sent to a grinder or a bio reactor. The unit becomes available to train from Yuri's Barracks once a psychic radar is established on the field.
Yuri clones could only control the mind of one unit at a time, making them vulnerable to groups of enemy units. Although their psychic blast can instantly kill large groups of infantry, it is difficult for a Yuri clone to come close to them before getting killed.
Some units could not be controlled by Yuri clones. Boris and Tanya were immune to mind control, as they had been trained to resist it. Most non-human units, such as attack dogs and giant squids, were psychologically incompatible with Yuri's mind-control techniques. However, dolphins were vulnerable. Terror drones and robot tanks were completely robotic and also immune to mind control by definition. Ore miners could not be mind-controlled either. Finally, if a unit is already mind-controlled, the clones are unable to forcibly break the existing psychic link and assert their own projected will, unless the link is terminated from the other end. Units that are psychic themselves cannot be controlled by any means.
- Yuri's Revenge patch 1.001:
- psychic blasts no longer affect Yuri Prime.
- when a Yuri clone is loaded into a Battle Fortress, then mind-controls an enemy unit, and that Battle Fortress is sent into a grinder, the player will no longer control that mind-controlled unit.
- in a multiplayer game, if the host loads a Yuri clone, Yuri Prime, or psi commando into a Battle Fortress, then mind-controls enemy units, then orders this Battle Fortress into a grinder and exits the game, the guests' games will no longer crash.
- All in the mind.
- Psychic ready.
- Something to think about?
- Share your thoughts with me.
- Perhaps I can be of assistance.
- Yes, good thought.
- Makes sense.
- Goes without saying.
- Goes without saying!
When ordered to attack
- He will do as I say!
- They will obey!
- Yield to me!
- We could use one of those.
- Their will is my will!
- Hah, my head hurts!
- Can't hear myself think!
- Hah, I'm so confused!
- Oh, what were you thinking!?
- I can't make up my mind!
Early "Rasputin" concept art by TJ Frame
In order: English, French, German, Korean, Chinese. Top row is standard, bottom row is veteran.
- Unlike their predecessors, Yuri clones are not voiced by Yuri's actor, Udo Kier.
- Imperial commando Yuriko Omega's special ability is very similar to psychic blast used by Yuri clones.
- The French veteran cameo is erroneously identical to the standard one.