|This article is about the Yuri's Revenge unit. For other uses, see Yuri.|
|“||Yuri's clones are not as powerful as the original. But their ability to control minds is a definite threat on the battlefield.
- Eva Lee(src)
|“||Defenceless in the traditional sense, this unit is equipped with a powerfully altered brain that allows it to take control of almost any enemy unit. While Miners, Attack Dogs, Master Minds,Yuri Clones, hero units and any flying unit are immune to the power of the Yuri Clone, all others are susceptible to being taken over by this unit and added to Yuri’s war effort. When confronted by masses of infantry units, a Yuri Clone can deploy and create a massive Psi Wave, damaging or killing nearby infantry. This unit is identical to the Yuri Clone possessed by the Soviet Army in Command & Conquer Red Alert 2. Yuri Prime
- Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge manual(src)
Although they were genetically identical to the original Yuri, Yuri clones were still not as powerful as the original, Yuri Prime.
Psychic experimentation in the Soviet Union culminated in what was known as the Psychic Corps and its most prominent member, Yuri. As the Psychic Corps was not fully utilized before the war ended, they were able to evade Allied attention in the aftermath and secretly continue to develop their psychic technology.
Each clone was capable of mind-controlling almost any enemy unit. Furthermore, a Yuri clone could send out a massive psychic blast, killing almost any infantry unit within its radius. However, unlike their Soviet predecessors, they could not harm friendly units.
|“||They will obey...
- Yuri Clone
Yuri clones are used to capture enemy units. These units can then be used to fight, but most of the time they are immediately sent to a grinder or a bio reactor. The unit becomes available to train from Yuri's Barracks once a psychic radar is established on the field.
Yuri clones could only control the mind of one unit at a time, making them vulnerable to groups of enemy units. Although their psychic blast can instantly kill large groups of infantry, it is difficult for a Yuri clone to come close to them before getting killed.
Some units could not be controlled by Yuri clones. Boris and Tanya were immune to mind control, as they had been trained to resist it. Most non-human units, such as attack dogs and giant squids, were psychologically incompatible with Yuri's mind-control techniques. However, dolphins were vulnerable. Terror drones and robot tanks were completely robotic and also immune to mind control by definition. Ore miners could not be mind-controlled either. Finally, if a unit is already mind-controlled, the clones are unable to forcibly break the existing psychic link and assert their own projected will, unless the link is terminated from the other end. Units that are psychic themselves cannot be controlled by any means.
Yuri clones controlled by the AI have the following attack patterns:
- 1x guarding Barracks, Construction Yard and War Factory, accompanied by 5 Initiates
- 1x targeting vehicles, accompanied by 2 Brutes
- 1x targeting infantry, accompanied by 4 Initiates and 1 Brute
- 1x targeting infantry, accompanied by 2 Brutes and 1 Virus
- 1x guarding Slave Miners, accompanied by 2 Lasher Tanks and 1 Gattling Tank
- 3x guarding Yuri Construction Yard
- 1x targeting infantry, accompanied by 8 Initiates and 1 Engineer
- This strike force will only be constructed if the AI owns a Cloning Vats
- 4x targeting vehicles, accompanied by 2 Gattling Tanks and 1 Mastermind
- 1x targeting infantry, accompanied by 10 Initiates
- 1x targeting infantry, accompanied by 8 Initiates and 2 Viruses
- 3x targeting vehicles, accompanied by 6 Initiates and 1 Virus
- Yuri's Revenge patch 1.001:
- psychic blasts no longer affect Yuri Prime.
- when a Yuri clone is loaded into a Battle Fortress, then mind-controls an enemy unit, and that Battle Fortress is sent into a grinder, the player will no longer control that mind-controlled unit.
- in a multiplayer game, if the host loads a Yuri clone, Yuri Prime, or psi commando into a Battle Fortress, then mind-controls enemy units, then orders this Battle Fortress into a grinder and exits the game, the guests' games will no longer crash.
- All in the mind.
- Psychic ready.
- Something to think about?
- Share your thoughts with me.
- Perhaps I can be of assistance.
- Yes, good thought.
- Makes sense.
- Goes without saying.
- Goes without saying!
When ordered to attack
- He will do as I say!
- They will obey!
- Yield to me!
- We could use one of those.
- Their will is my will!
- Hah, my head hurts!
- Can't hear myself think!
- Hah, I'm so confused!
- Oh, what were you thinking!?
- I can't make up my mind!
- Unlike their predecessors, Yuri clones are not voiced by Yuri's actor, Udo Kier.
- Imperial commando Yuriko Omega's special ability is very similar to psychic blast used by Yuri clones.
Early "Rasputin" concept art by TJ Frame
The French veteran cameo is erroneously identical to the standard one.