Sonic grenade launchers
750 (x5) (Rocket)
0.3 seconds, 7.5 seconds to reload full clip
|“|| The skies are clear!|
- ORCA Gunship
Since they mostly operate in areas with heavy Tiberium contamination, ZOCOM forces make heavy use of sonic weapons to aid their abatement efforts. One such example is the ZOCOM Orca, a modified Orca Mk. III that fires sonic grenades, which cause powerful area-of-effect damage.
Since operations in the hostile environment of Red zones often require more durability than sheer firepower, ZOCOM Orcas cannot be upgraded with Hardpoints, but can be equipped with Ceramic Armor to increase their survivability.
|Pulse Scan||Emits a stealth-detecting scan in a small radius around it. This ability has a 1 minute cooldown (Ctrl+A).|
|Sensor pods||Deploy a stealth-detecting sensor pod. This activated ability costs $100 to use, but has no cooldown (Ctrl+S).|
|Return to base||Orders the Orca to break off and immediately return to its docking station (Ctrl+D).|
|Sensor pod||This upgrade allows the Orca to deploy a stealth-detecting Sensor Pod that can be launched onto friendly or enemy vehicles and structures, or onto the ground (Ctrl+S).||Purchasable at any Command Post for $500 and takes 0:15 to research.|
|Ceramic Armor||Gain a significant boost to durability (Ctrl+S).||Purchasable at ZOCOM Airfield for $1000 and takes 0:30 to research.|
Unlike the standard rockets used by the Orca, sonic grenades move fast and have a wide area of effect. They are much better at destroying infantry squads and massed vehicles, but also cost 400 credits more than a regular Orca. They do less damage to heavy vehicles than a standard Orca, but are still effective strike platforms against any ground unit.
Just like regular Orcas, they are completely defenseless against enemy aircraft or SAM missiles. Other units need to protect them in some situations.
- Devastating to infantry and ground vehicles
- Just as fast as a standard Orca
- Harder to kill with Ceramic Armor
- Several can severely damage an epic unit
- Fires faster than a normal Orca, shrinking the window it is exposed to enemy fire
- Excellent for support and assault roles
- Does splash damage
- Very expensive
- Unable to hit fast moving units
- AA units are still a considerable threat
- Unable to engage other aircraft
- Easily destroyed
- Shares the same detection issue with the standard orca - its stealth detection systems must be activated manually
- Has to return to base to reload