|For other uses, see Zone Trooper.|
|“||Zone troopers lead the charge
- Zone Trooper when leaving Tech lab.
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Decks
- 5 Changelog
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Videos
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See also
- 11 References
Zone Troopers are elite GDI infantry clad in XO-95 power armor. This armor enables Zone Troopers to accurately wield heavy rail guns and will automatically deliver first aid to them over time.
- Restores health every second after being out of combat.
- Reveals adjacent stealthed units.
- Immune to Tiberium fields.
Zone troopers is a heavy hitting infantry squad that are effective against both aircraft and vehicles, and have the highest damage per second stats in the whole GDI arsenal, at least when the squad has both members.
The only weakness being mid to high tier infantry, like Flame troopers and Confessors. They can also be countered by a swarm of Cyberwheels or Militants, but in the late game the the population cap is at premium and fielding two or three units against one might be impractical.
The self-healing ability means that one Zone troopers should only be attacked if at least one member of the squad will get taken down.
Nod counterpart to ZT is Cyborg. The ZT is one of the few infantry units that are immune to Tiberium poisoning and they make fine harvester hunters.
- 2018-06-15: Cost Increased to 120 (was 100)
- 2018-06-28: Damage vs structures reduced to 100 (was 375)
- Squad size reduced to 2 (was 3)
- Health increased to 1000 (was 500)
- Damage increased to 575 (was 375)
- Damage vs. Infantry increased to 125 (was 55)
- 2019-02-06: Structure damage increased to 620 (was 100)
- Attack speed doubled to 1.5 (was 3)
- Damage to Vehicles reduced to 340 (was 620)
- Damage to Infantry reduced to 75 (was 125)
- 2019-07-31: Infantry damage reduced to 63 (was 75)
- Attack speed decreased to 3 (was 1.5)
- Damage to Vehicles increased to 620 (was 340)
- Damage to Infantry increased to 125 (was 62)
- 2020-03-25: Delay b/w attacks to 1.5 (was 0.75)
- Health reduced to 875 (was 1000)
- Reduced Infantry damage to 90 (was 125)
- Zone troopers lead the charge
- Troopers in the field
- Armed to the teeth
- Zone troopers, always ready
- Drop us in the war zone
- Boots are moving
- Moving out
- Troopers on the move
- You got it
When moving to attack favorably
- We've got this
- Shutting this party down
- Zone troopers bring the pain
- Troopers ready to punch through
When moving to attack neutral
- Troopers acknowledged
- Following the plan
- Yes, sir
When moving to attack unfavorably
- This is gonna be bad
- Gonna need this suit
When unable to attack target
- Not possible
- Get a load of this!
- Taking em down!
- Bringing the pain!
When under attack
- Zone is too hot!
- Receiving a beat down
Design by Joseph Carabajal
- They have jet packs modeled into them like their Tiberium Wars counterparts, but do not appear to use them.
- Initially had three members per squad.
- When idle, beats on the chest, stretches arms. Male.
- Cyborgs — Nod counterpart to Zone Troopers